The TANF Monthly Report form is not available online. Please complete and submit the paper TANF Monthly Report form.

LIHEAP applications for the new heating season (Oct. 2022 - May 2023) will be accepted starting October 1. However, households whose income is solely from a fixed income source(s) may apply now. The following income types are considered a fixed income source: pension payments, railroad payments, social security payments, SSI payments, annuity payments, or IRA distribution payments. If you have an energy related emergency (shut-off or disconnection notice, out of deliverable fuel, minor repairs), please contact your local human service zone office.

If you are a Medicaid member looking to request a 1095-B form, click here.

Additional Ways to Apply


Apply Locally: Print and complete the Application for Assistance (SFN 405) or the Application for LIHEAP (SFN 529) and then return it to the human service zone office in your county. (NOTE: Due to the pandemic, some offices may be temporarily closed to the public.)

For additional information about public assistance programs and client rights, view the Application for Assistance Guidebook.

Apply by Mail: Submit a request to have an application mailed to you.

Need help applying?

Contact your human service zone office for help filling out the application.

Watch this VIDEO to learn about the benefits of applying online and how to apply online.

  • VIDEO: Learn how to link a case to your online account
  • VIDEO: Learn how to manage your mail notifications
  • VIDEO: Learn how to report a change
  • VIDEO: Learn how to view notices

If you are still having trouble applying online after watching the videos, you may find more support here.


HHS helps provide stability for families through the following programs:


Financial Help (brochures, etc. about programs)

Self-Service Portal and Consolidated Eligibility System (SPACES) information

DHS Policy Manuals

Report Fraud

To report suspected fraud of the Basic Care Assistance Program, Child Care Assistance Program, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Program , call the Fraud Hotline at 701-328-2332 or e-mail dhseap@nd.gov.

To report suspected Medicaid Fraud, email medicaidfraud@nd.gov, or call 1-800-755-2604 - select option 8 to speak with an attendant. You may also complete the Surveillance and Utilization Review Section (SURS) Referral form and submit it to the Department.

For assistance with Third Party Liability (TPL) - call (701) 328-2347 or e-mail medicaidtpl@nd.gov.