Utility Service Providers: What You Need to Know


ND Rent help can now help qualifying North Dakota renters with past-due utility bills (electric, natural gas and other heating sources, water, sewer and garbage services). It can pay for heating costs not covered by Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) if a household participates in both programs.


STEP 1: Register as a Vendor/Supplier with the North Dakota Office of Management and Budget (OMB) at https://bit.ly/2yK2Zba

  • ALREADY REGISTERED? Current OMB Approved Suppliers should log into the OMB portal to make sure their account is active.
  • Inactive accounts may need to complete an updated W-9.

STEP 2Provide Supplier ID number to ND Rent Help Team

  • After you have been approved and have a Supplier ID number from OMB, email the number to the ND Rent Help team at dhserb@nd.gov or call 701-328-1907 and ask for Heidi.
  • NOTE to heating utility companies: Your LIHEAP provider number is not the same as the OMB supplier number.

STEP 3 - Payment

  • DHS will provide payment to utility suppliers based on past-due bills submitted by the renter to the ND Rent Help Team.

Summary: See Utility Service Provider Flyer

NEED HELP? Please contact ND Rent Help at 701-328-1907 or dhserb@nd.gov.